Pilates Mat Level 1 Teacher Training
During our Pilates Instructor Training you will gain all of the skills necessary to instruct safe, effective, and creatively. You will be able to teach group classes or private lessons to individuals of all levels. You will leave with an in-depth understanding of a wide array of Pilates exercises. We will cover modifications to adapt to individuals who are pregnant or have injuries.
Taking your Pilates Teacher Training at our beautiful clinical Pilates studio provides you with unique advantages over other Pilates Instructor Trainees. The training is led by experienced high caliber instructors. All of our Instructors in addition to holding Pilates certification and years of teaching experience are either Physiotherapist Assistants or Physiotherapists.
We limit class size to ensure that you are receiving the highest quality of personal instruction to only 7 students. This thorough training will provide you with an exclusive jumpstart on your understanding of your own body and that of others by utilizing our state of the art facility. You have the option to receive a real-time ultrasound to ensure you are recruiting your powerhouse musculature appropriately. This allows you to learn a variety of cues and tactile techniques for your future clients.
This course puts a strong emphasis on the musculoskeletal system to understand the purpose and benefits of each exercise. We focus on a progressive levelled teaching technique to ensure you are able to adapt to a wide-array of clients and situations. A variety of small props will be used throughout the course to add to your repertoire and create further refinements. At the end of this course you will leave with a well-rounded education to become a highly skilled and confident Pilates Mat Instructor.
Our comprehensive Pilates Teacher Trainings in Victoria BC are designed in modules so that you can complete your training at your own pace and take it over the course of one year or many. Each section (mat, reformer etc) is complete unto itself making you ready to teach using that skill set and continue to build as you go through the complete repertoire should you desire. This allows flexibility to grow and learn at your own pace and budget.
- History of Pilates
- Essential principles and philosophy
- Musculoskeletal system module
- Real time ultrasounds to ensure you understand how to engage your deep core muscles
- Guest PTA’s & Physiotherapists sharing their expertise
- Learn 82 Pilates mat exercizes
- Benefits and contraindications for each exercise
- Modifications and variations for each of the 82 exercises
- Use of small equipment
- DCF Progressive Teaching Technique
- Sequencing for group classes
- Effective communication and cueing
- Refining observation skills
- Pre/post natal pilates
- Introduction to special population considerations
- Self care
Next Course Dates:
Saturday’s & Sunday’s 8am to 5pm
- April 8th & 9th
- April 22nd & 23rd
- April 29th & 30th
You will Receive:
- Anatomy handouts
- Case studies for review to ensure your understanding
- In class teaching time to refine your skills
- Written quizzes and tests to guarantee your understanding
- A detailed final practicum review for your further growth and refinement
- A certificate of completion
- Options to teach real students in our alumni led classes and receive feedback
- $1200 including a $250 non-refundable deposit. (plus GST)
- DCF Comprehensive Pilates Mat Manual Lvl 1 ($79)
- Pilates Anatomy Manual ($20 or less from Amazon)
To Successfully Complete the Program You must Achieve the Following:
- Complete all in class activities
- Participate in all teaching, classes and lecture time
- Complete all homework prior to receiving your certificate
- Pass your final anatomy exam with an 80% or higher
- Pass your final proficiency exam with an 80% or higher
- Pass your final practicum with 80% or higher
- Abide by our Pilates Code of Ethics.
Shelbourne Physiotherapy, Pilates & Massage is a locally owned health company with 3 locations in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. Our clinics offer Physiotherapy, IMS (Intramuscular Stimulation) & Dry Needling, Kinesiology, Exercise Rehabilitation, Massage Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Post-Operative Rehabilitation, Vestibular, Dizziness & Balance Rehabilitation, Women’s health (peri-partum and incontinence), Acupuncture, Hydrotherapy, Aquatherapy, Pool Therapy, Real Time Ultrasound, Arthritis and Osteoarthritis Treatment, Electrical Modalities, Pelvic Floor Physio, Pelvic Pain Physiotherapy, Incontinence Treatment, Sports Physiotherapy, Chronic Pain Treatment, Shockwave Therapy (ESWT), Aquatic Therapy, Yoga, Yogalates, Clinical Pilates and Custom Knee Bracing, Physiocanhelp.ca. Our clinics are approved providers for WorksafeBC (WCB) Physiotherapy and ICBC Physiotherapy, Kinesiology & Rehabilitation. We are proud members of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy(CAMPT), Sport Physiotherapy Canada, SportmedBC, British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK), Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP), the Orthopaedic Division of the CPA and the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC) We have a clinic located in the Gordon Head Recreation Centre in Saanich
Shelbourne Physiotherapy staff provide clinical instruction at our Victoria Clinic for students in the UBC Faculty of Medicine. We are an accredited facility for UBC Dept. of Physical Therapy Student Practicums.